[Assessment of consumer exposure to chemical agents on the example of the ConsExpo model].
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AffiliationNofer Institute of Occupational Medicine
MetadataShow full item record
Other TitlesSzacowanie narażenia konsumentów na czynniki chemiczne na przykładzie modelu ConsExpo
AbstractNot only employees in industrial plants but also consumers, by using finished products, are exposed to chemical substances. Therefore, consumer exposure assessment is also important. To assess the risk for the consumer, the exposure magnitude is needed but measuring these values in residential conditions of consumers is usually impossible. ConsExpo has been designed to facilitate the exposure assessment to substances in consumer products. It is available in English as a free web application at www. consexpoweb.nl. The ConsExpo Web tool, developed by the Netherlands National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (Rijksinstituut voor Volksgezondheid en Milieu), contains a set of models that help in the assessment of exposure to the substances in consumer products. These are mathematical models with increasing complexity, describing exposure by inhalation, dermal and oral routes. Available models are described in this work. ConsExpo is also equipped with a products database with defined exposure scenarios and default values, which could be a starting point for the models. The aim of this work was to review the literature regarding ConsExpo and to present the application to Polish users through the description of the models contained therein and by providing assessments examples. The review was based on databases of scientific journals. ConsExpo is a commonly known tool, and one of its applications is exposure estimation in comparative studies and the development of new models. For lower-tier analyses ConsExpo can be used by less advanced users. The most favorable for Polish users would be the creation of the Polishlanguage version of the ConsExpo application or a detailed Polish-language instruction manual.
CitationMed Pr 2019;70(6):747–762
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 United States
- Consumer exposure modelling under REACH: Assessing the defaults.
- Authors: Oltmanns J, Neisel F, Heinemeyer G, Kaiser E, Schneider K
- Issue date: 2015 Jul
- Influence of parameter values and variances and algorithm architecture in ConsExpo model on modeled exposures.
- Authors: Arnold SF, Ramachandran G
- Issue date: 2014
- First tier modeling of consumer dermal exposure to substances in consumer articles under REACH: a quantitative evaluation of the ECETOC TRA for consumers tool.
- Authors: Delmaar JE, Bokkers BG, ter Burg W, van Engelen JG
- Issue date: 2013 Feb
- Comparison of modeled estimates of inhalation exposure to aerosols during use of consumer spray products.
- Authors: Park J, Yoon C, Lee K
- Issue date: 2018 Jul
- Scientific basis of the OCRA method for risk assessment of biomechanical overload of upper limb, as preferred method in ISO standards on biomechanical risk factors.
- Authors: Colombini D, Occhipinti E
- Issue date: 2018 Jul 1