Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
La Milia, Daniele Ignazio
AffiliationNofer Institute of Occupational Medicine
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe aging of the workforce is an issue that calls for concrete measures to promote the health of older workers. This study reports on the results of the European "ProHealth65+" research project interventions conducted in Poland in relation to workplace health promotion for older workers (WHPOW) and the institutions involved in these programs. A three-stage search of peer-reviewed and grey literature on the WHPOW in Poland. A total of 59 WHPOW programs were retrieved in Poland in the observation period (2000-2015). Most of these aimed at improving the Qualification and Training or at the Work Climate and attitudes toward older workers. The promotion, organization, and funding of these activities were carried out mainly by supra-national and governmental bodies, enterprises and employers, and educational and trainee institutions. Although there is great commitment to the medical surveillance of workers on the part of the Polish occupational health service, our search detected a relatively low number of the WHPOW initiatives. Greater efforts should be made to introduce strategies for addressing aging of the workforce. Int J Occup Med Environ Health 2018;31(6):753-761.
CitationInt J Occup Med Environ Health 2018;31(6):753–761
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 United States
- Workplace health promotion programs for older workers in Italy.
- Authors: Magnavita N, Capitanelli I, Garbarino S, La Milia DI, Moscato U, Pira E, Poscia A, Ricciardi W
- Issue date: 2017 Oct 27
- Workplace health promotion for older workers: a systematic literature review.
- Authors: Poscia A, Moscato U, La Milia DI, Milovanovic S, Stojanovic J, Borghini A, Collamati A, Ricciardi W, Magnavita N
- Issue date: 2016 Sep 5
- [Health promotion in enterprises counteracting the consequences of workforce ageing. How does it differ from interventions in other companies and what kind of barriers does it face?]
- Authors: Goszczyńska E
- Issue date: 2020 May 15
- Evaluation of activities and needs of older workers in the context of maintaining their employment.
- Authors: Hildt-Ciupińska K, Bugajska J
- Issue date: 2013
- [Evaluation of activities targeted at employability of older workers in Polish enterprises].
- Authors: Bugajska J, Hildt-Ciupińska K
- Issue date: 2012