[The prophylactic operational model integrated with occupational healthcare - Prophylactic of some types of cancers among women].
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AffiliationNofer Institute of Occupational Medicine
MetadataShow full item record
Other TitlesModel działań profilaktycznych zintegrowany z opieką profilaktyczną nad pracownikami – zapobieganie niektórym typom nowotworów wśród kobiet
AbstractPeriodical medical examinations are mandatory for employees in Poland. This rule makes a unique opportunity during occupational health services for implementation of prophylactic activities focused on early diagnosis of various diseases, including cancers. Epidemiological data about cancers is alarming and what is more, further increase in development of cancers is being predicted in population overall. The highest incidence of cancers in the case of Polish women belongs to breast cancer (21.7% of diagnosed cancers in general), while the morbidity rate for uterine cancer, ovarian cancer and cervical cancer amounts to 7.4%, 4.7% and 3.5%, respectively. The aim of this study was to elaborate an algorithm of prophylactic activities integrated with the occupational healthcare system, based on medical literature review and guidelines concerning prophylaxis of selected cancers. Polish cancers' prophylaxis programs related to risk factors were presented in this publication and practical indications for occupational healthcare physicians were worked out. Med Pr 2018;69(4):439-455.
CitationMed Pr 2018, 69 (4):439-455
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Archived with thanks to Medycyna pracy
- [Authors' response (September 26, 2018) to the letter to the Editor concerning the paper <i>The prophylactic operational model integrated with occupational healthcare - Prophylactic of some types of cancers among women</i>].
- Authors: Wiszniewska M, Pepłońska B, Lipińska-Ojrzanowska A, Walusiak-Skorupa J
- Issue date: 2018 Dec 18
- Is it possible to improve compliance in hypertension and reduce therapeutic inertia of physicians by mandatory periodic examinations of workers?
- Authors: Marcinkiewicz A, Plewka M, Hanke W, Kałużny P, Wiszniewska M, Lipińska-Ojrzanowska A, Walusiak-Skorupa J
- Issue date: 2018
- Prophylactic Oophorectomy: Reducing the U.S. Death Rate from Epithelial Ovarian Cancer. A Continuing Debate.
- Authors: Piver MS
- Issue date: 1996
- [Prophylactic medical examinations for breast cancer and uterine cervix cancer in Regional Oncological Center of Bydgoszcz in year 2002].
- Authors: Mierzwa T, Siwek P, Grabiec M
- Issue date: 2003 Sep