Feasibility of setting up generic alert levels for maximum skin dose in fluoroscopically guided procedures.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AffiliationNofer Institute of Occupational Medicine
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe generic alert levels are feasible for some cases but should be used with caution, only as the first approximation, while hospital-specific alert levels are preferred as the final approach.
CitationPhys Med 2018, 46:67-74
JournalPhysica Medica : PM : an international journal devoted to the applications of physics to medicine and biology : official journal of the Italian Association of Biomedical Physics (AIFB)
SponsorsThis work was supported by the European Radiation Dosimetry Group (EURADOS WG 12 – Dosimetry in Medical Imaging). Authors would like to acknowledge all patients, health professionals and hospitals who took part in this project.
- Characterisation of grids of point detectors in maximum skin dose measurement in fluoroscopically-guided interventional procedures.
- Authors: Dabin J, Negri A, Farah J, Ciraj-Bjelac O, Clairand I, De Angelis C, Domienik J, Jarvinen H, Kopec R, Majer M, Malchair F, Novák L, Siiskonen T, Vanhavere F, Trianni A, Knežević Ž
- Issue date: 2015 Dec
- Patient skin dose measurements using a cable free system MOSFETs based in fluoroscopically guided percutaneous vertebroplasty, percutaneous disc decompression, radiofrequency medial branch neurolysis, and endovascular critical limb ischemia.
- Authors: Falco MD, Masala S, Stefanini M, Fiori R, Gandini R, Bagalà P, Morosetti D, Calabria E, Tonnetti A, Verona-Rinati G, Santoni R, Simonetti G
- Issue date: 2015 Jan 8
- Measurement of maximum skin dose in interventional radiology and cardiology and challenges in the set-up of European alert thresholds.
- Authors: Farah J, Trianni A, Carinou E, Ciraj-Bjelac O, Clairand I, Dabin J, De Angelis C, Domienik J, Jarvinen H, Kopec R, Majer M, Malchair F, Negri A, Novák L, Siiskonen T, Vanhavere F, Knežević Ž
- Issue date: 2015 Apr
- Coronary angiography and percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty procedures: Evaluation of patients' maximum skin dose using Gafchromic films and a comparison of local levels with reference levels proposed in the literature.
- Authors: Giordano C, D'Ercole L, Gobbi R, Bocchiola M, Passerini F
- Issue date: 2010 Oct
- Establishment of trigger levels to steer the follow-up of radiation effects in patients undergoing fluoroscopically-guided interventional procedures in Belgium.
- Authors: Struelens L, Bacher K, Bosmans H, Bleeser F, Hoornaert MT, Malchair F, Balter S
- Issue date: 2014 Dec