Zapobieganie chorobom układu krążenia - program profilaktyczny wdrożony w wybranym przedsiębiorstwie
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
Other TitlesPrevention of cardiovascular diseases - Prophylactic program in a selected enterprise
AbstractIn Poland cardiovascular diseases (CVD), classified as work-related diseases, are responsible for 25% of disability and cause 50% of all deaths, including 26.9% of deaths in people aged under 65 years. The aim of the study was to analyze employee expectations regarding CVD- oriented prophylactic activities in the selected enterprise.
A questionnaire, developed for this study, consists of: socio-demographic data, job characteristics, occupational factors, and questions about the respondents' expectations concerning the prevention program. The study group comprised 407 multi-profile company employees aged (mean) 46.7 years (standard deviation (SD) = 9.1), including 330 men (81.1%), mean age = 46.9 (SD = 9.2) and 77 women (18.9%), mean age = 45.9 (SD = 8.2) The study was performed using the method of auditorium survey.
Employees declared the need for actions related to physical activity: use of gym, swimming pool, tennis (56.5%), smoking habits - education sessions on quitting smoking (24.6%). A few people were interested in activities related to healthy diet. According to the majority of the study group, the scope of preventive examinations should be expanded. Based on our own findings and literature data CVD- -oriented preventive program, addressed to the analyzed enterprise was prepared. The program will be presented in another paper.
The results showed significant quantitative and qualitative differences in the classic and occupational CVD risk factors between men and women, as well as in preferences for participation in prevention programs. Therefore, gender differences should be taken into account when planning prevention programs. Med Pr 2017;68(6):757-769.
CitationMed Pr 2017, 68 (6):757-769
SponsorsFinansowanie / Funding: praca wykonana w ramach tematu statutowego IMP 20.2 pt. „Programy profilaktyczne ukierunkowane na choroby związane z pracą u kierujących pojazdami transportu publicznego – wdrożenie i ewaluacja” (kierownik tematu: dr n. med. Jadwiga Siedlecka), projektu FP7-IRSES-2008 pt. „People Maria Curie Action Risk factors of work-related diseases – methods of evaluation and prevention – REWARD” (kierownik projektu: prof. dr hab. n. med. Alicja Bortkiewicz) i projektu Kapitał Ludzki współfinansowanego przez Unię Europejską w ramach Europejskiego Funduszu Społecznego nr POKL.02.03.01-00-001/08 pt. "Opracowanie kompleksowych programów profilaktycznych” (kierownik projektu: prof. dr hab. n. med. Jolanta Walusiak-Skorupa, zastępca kierownika projektu ds. chorób układu krążenia: prof. dr hab. n. med. Alicja Bortkiewicz).
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Archived with thanks to Medycyna pracy
- Isfahan Healthy Heart Programme: a comprehensive integrated community-based programme for cardiovascular disease prevention and control. Design, methods and initial experience.
- Authors: Sarraf-Zadegan N, Sadri G, Malek Afzali H, Baghaei M, Mohammadi Fard N, Shahrokhi S, Tolooie H, Poormoghaddas M, Sadeghi M, Tavassoli A, Rafiei M, Kelishadi R, Rabiei K, Bashardoost N, Boshtam M, Asgary S, Naderi G, Changiz T, Yousefie A
- Issue date: 2003 Aug
- [What do we know about psychosocial risks at work? Part II.The analysis of employee's knowledge of sources and consequences of stress at work].
- Authors: Potocka A, Merecz-Kot D
- Issue date: 2010
- Outcomes of national community organization cardiovascular prevention programs for high-risk women.
- Authors: Villablanca AC, Arline S, Lewis J, Raju S, Sanders S, Carrow S
- Issue date: 2009 Sep
- Effects on cardiovascular disease risk of a web-based health risk assessment with tailored health advice: a follow-up study.
- Authors: Colkesen EB, Ferket BS, Tijssen JG, Kraaijenhagen RA, van Kalken CK, Peters RJ
- Issue date: 2011
- [Evaluation of population's commitment to healthy nutrition and physical culture (by results of the questionnaire)].
- Authors: Shulaev AV, Ulumbekova GE, Kitaeva EA, Kitaev MR
- Issue date: 2019