Ocena rentgenowskich aparatow stomatologicznych pod katem narazenia pacjentow na promieniowanie jonizujace.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
Other TitlesEvaluation of dental X-ray apparatus in terms of patient exposure to ionizing radiation.
AbstractThe use of X-ray in dental procedures causes exposure of the patient to ionizing radiation. This exposure depends primarily on the parameters used in tooth examination. The aim of the study was to determine the patients exposure and to assess the technical condition of X-ray tubes.
Seventeen hundred dental offices were covered by the questionnaire survey and 740 questionnaires were sent back. Direct measurements were performed in 100 units by using the thermoluminescent detectors and X-ray films.
The results showed that the most commonly used exposure time is 0.22±0.16 s. The average entrance dose for the parameters used most commonly by dentists is 1.7±1.4 mGy. The average efficiency of X-ray tube estimated on the basis of exposures is 46.5±23.7 μGy/mAs.
The study results indicate that the vast majority of X-ray tubes meet the requirements specified in the binding regulations. Med Pr 2017;67(4):491-496.
CitationMedycyna Pracy 2017 Jun 27;68(4):491-496.
SponsorsFinansowanie / Funding: w ramach dotacji na działalność statutową, zadanie nr IMP 16.2 pt. „Ocena rentgenowskich aparatów stomatologicznych pod kątem narażenia pacjentów na promieniowanie jonizujące”. Kierownik zadania: dr n. med. Jerzy Olszewski.
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Archived with thanks to Medycyna pracy
- The dose received by patients during dental X-ray examination and the technical condition of radiological equipment.
- Authors: Bekas M, Pachocki KA
- Issue date: 2013
- Dosages of ionizing radiation during limb diagnostic X-ray examinations.
- Authors: Bekas M, Pachocki KA, Waśniewska E, Bogucka D, Magiera A
- Issue date: 2016
- Radiation exposure and dose evaluation in intraoral dental radiology.
- Authors: Poppe B, Looe HK, Pfaffenberger A, Eenboom F, Chofor N, Sering M, Rühmann A, Poplawski A, Willborn K
- Issue date: 2007
- Radiation protection in dental X-ray surgeries--still rooms for improvement.
- Authors: Hart G, Dugdale M
- Issue date: 2013 Mar
- The assessment of the ionizing radiation dose received by patients during some diagnostic X-ray examinations carried out on the basis of the working procedures in the health care entities
- Authors: Bekas M, Waśniewska E, Wardziński A, Wieprzowski K
- Issue date: 2017