Synthesis and absolute configuration of cis- and trans-opened cyclopenta[cd]pyrene 3,4-oxide N2-deoxyguanosine adducts: conversion to phosphoramidites for oligonucleotide synthesis.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractFluorinated alcohols such as trifluoroethanol (TFE) or hexafluoropropan-2-ol (HFP) catalyze addition of the N2-amino group of O6-allyl-3',5'-di-O-(tert-butyldimethylsilyl)-2'-deoxyguanosine (3) to cyclopenta[cd]pyrene 3,4-oxide (CPPO). The reaction occurs via a carbocation intermediate at C-3 such that cis- and trans-opened dGuo adducts are formed in a combined yield of approximately 37% together with the 4-ketone and a cis-opened solvent adduct. Fluorinated alcohol-mediated regioselective substitution at C-3 of the CPP cis- (11) and trans-3,4-dihydrodiol diacetates (15) with the N2-amino group of 3 proceeded smoothly to give the O6-allyl di-(tert-butyldimethylsilyl) cis- and trans-opened dGuo-adduct acetates (8a,b and 9a,b) in 75-85% yields. The cis-opened adducts predominated (56-70%) from both 11 and 15. Interestingly, trans-3-acetoxy-4-bromo-3,4-dihydro-CPP and 3 in TFE or HFP gave a mixture of 8a,b and 9a,b in 75-85% yield with cis:trans adduct ratios similar to those observed for 11 and 15. This observation is consistent with initial formation of a cyclic acetoxonium intermediate followed by formation of the same carbocation as that derived from 11 or 15. Absolute configurations of 8a,b and 9a,b were assigned by using enantiomerically pure (+)-trans-[3S.4S]-dihydrodiol as the starting material, which afforded a single cis-[3R,4S]-dGuo adduct and a single trans-[3S,4S]-dGuo adduct. The optically active trans-3,4-dihydrodiols were obtained by HPLC separation of their bis-(-)-menthoxyacetates. Their absolute configuration was determined by several empirical methods in addition to application of the exciton chirality CD method to their bis-(p-N,N-dimethylamino)benzoates. Removal of all blocking groups from the protected cis- and trans-opened dGuo adducts (8a,b and 9a,b) in three steps (overall yields of >70%) gave the free dGuo adducts, which are useful markers for DNA-binding studies. Adducts 8a,b and 9a,b were also converted to the appropriately protected phosphoramidites in three steps (overall yields of 72-81%).
CitationChem. Res. Toxicol. 2007, 20 (4):650-661
JournalChemical Research in Toxicology
- Fluorinated alcohol mediated displacement of the C10 acetoxy group of benzo[a]pyrene-7,8,9,10-tetrahydrotetraol tetraacetates: a new route to diol epoxide-deoxyguanosine adducts.
- Authors: Yagi H, Jerina DM
- Issue date: 2007 Dec 21
- Novel stereoselective control over cis vs trans opening of benzo[c]phenanthrene 3,4-diol 1,2-epoxides by the exocyclic N(2)-amino group of deoxyguanosine in the presence of hexafluoropropan-2-ol.
- Authors: Yagi H, Ramesha AR, Kalena G, Sayer JM, Kumar S, Jerina DM
- Issue date: 2002 Sep 20
- New and highly efficient synthesis of cis- and trans-opened Benzo[a]pyrene 7,8-diol 9,10-epoxide adducts at the exocyclic N(2)-amino group of deoxyguanosine.
- Authors: Kroth H, Yagi H, Seidel A, Jerina DM
- Issue date: 2000 Sep 8
- Synthesis and characterization of enantiomeric anti-2-fluorobenzo[a]pyrene-7,8-dihydrodiol-9,10-epoxides and their 2'-deoxyguanosine and oligodeoxynucleotide adducts.
- Authors: Yang T, Huang Y, Cho BP
- Issue date: 2006 Feb